How we say it and the intent behind our words is as important as what we actually say.
We get stuck when we:
- Make assumptionsGet caught up in being right
- Don’t understand the impact our communication style is having on others
- Talk to people as if we are all the same
- Become hard of listening
- Fail to have the conversation
- Things don’t turn to custard suddenly, we arrive at that place, one failed (or failed to have) conversation at a time.
Learn the art of skilful communication by:
- Having a tricky conversation while still maintaining the relationship
- Being heard in a way that builds engagement
- Listening without getting triggered
- Overcoming personal barriers
- Having the structure and confidence to engage in crucial conversations
- Dealing with resistance and conflict
- Knowing how to rebuild shaky relationshipsUntangling complex situations